Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Back with a gentle vengance

I won't go into why, it had to do with Mom-ageddon, pre- & post-, and then the gardening...

Enough with the excuses...

May is my favorite month of the year, and I intend to spend as much of it outdoors as possible. In spite of the two waves of hail we got this afternoon, as well as thunder & lightning, I ran out to see how the tomato starters did, and all was well. Right now it's raining and a beautiful sunny sunset is starting over the West Hills and the last of the hail is melting in a slush pile on top of the scooter tarp out back. Is Spring great or what?

Before anyone thinks I'm going all too Martha these days, I just finished reading "The Intention Experiment" today, uniting quantum physics with laws of attraction, and bioelectromagnetic fields and an awful lot of studies and research in labs all over the US & Europe. It takes off where the author's previous book "The Field" leaves off, and ties in with more science than Abraham likes to get tied up with, but interests me somewhat. I enjoy some science with my spirit, to keep the whole universe as large and limitless as possible. Like my earning potential...

That's funny in itself. Everyone is now ready for me to get back to work. I've tried not to be annoying, or bloatedly gloating, or hanging around too much in any one place too often, but the question has now shifted from "Wow, just relax and take your time," to, "So-uh, what the hell do you do all day?" I have started making notes on Craigslist, Monster, PDX classifieds, and starting the third resume version. I chat up acquaintances for leads, I'm checking into school or at least a summer class, and asking every person I know who works at home how they arranged this situation for themselves. My cell phone arrives tomorrow from UPS. I'm now ready to call "Common Grounds" my home office, 'specially since they started serving Voodoo Donuts. Hoo-wah!

I pored over Danny Gregory's two books, "Everyday Matters" and "The Creative License" on how the dogged NYC adman became a self-taught professional artist and author. I bugged Linsey about her friends who have cool jobs, does she know of anymore cool gigs going on?
I did not buy a new laptop with my severance money.

There was that almost imperceptible burst of realization about a month ago that I had stepped off the career ladder climb. There's writing and painting and projects to do, people to stay close to, trips to make, my body to be kinder to, friends to keep, and the job title just isn't as important as it was. There may be romance to be had, ee-gads!! It feels good to be here, and the steps forward from this place are exciting, it's going to be good.

No comments: