Monday, December 10, 2007

Schlepping Towards Portland State

Oy-vey, vas gibt es nach kockhen?

(oh bloody hell, what's screwed up now?)


First of all, I just love Yiddish. One of the biggest things I miss about South Florida. Hearing it and knowing people understand it when you use it. Totally missed Hannukah this year, gibt mir leid.
(bummer)

Anyway, the end of last week consisted of me on the phone at 5am calling Massachusetts and Michigan at the beginning of their business days, to see if I could straighten out what appears to be the dropped ball here at PSU Admissions Office. PSU kept emailing me and telling me on the phone that they hadn't received two of my three transcripts yet from my old schools, la dee dah, sit on our hands, glad you asked. Both Smith College and University of Michigan showed they had sent them out within two days of receiving my request letter the second week of November, and they generously agreed to re-send them without a new request letter mailed to them from me. (I don't know the obscene Yiddish for how I felt at this point, the old men would never tell me this stuff in Boca)

Helpfully, I forwarded all of these back and forth emailing threads to PSU Admissions Office, along with a note from me about my concern with getting enrolled for January, BTW the Financial Aid is essential to my being able to go, hello Houston, is there anybody there??

And then I torqued my back lugging my antique trunk around and schlepping books to Powells to sell. Ice then heat, repeat. Anglo Saxon will have to do here : Son of a fucking bitch, and god fucking damn it.

You see, if I was admitted now, like I should have been over two weeks ago when my transcripts got lost, then I'd be able to register for my classes, receive my financial aid grants and loans for January 2008, know what my open hours are, get a job to start immediately, not have to schlepp heavy things around to sell, have so much less stress, and know what is happening from day to day and hour to hour. Es geht ganz hodgekeposchge. (its all f-ed up)

Trying to take the higher Zen perspective, my being a bitch will not fix this or make it flow easier, so I won't. Each fiber of my being wants to revert to Royal Bitch mode, but I will not stoop to it, no I won't. But I need to take a day or so not-schlepping to get myself set to rights with the She-Beast known as my lower back. Futz!

PS--get "Yiddish With Dick and Jane" to learn some basics and laugh your tuches off, or read "Born to Kvetch" and "Disco Bar-Mitzvah" if you want to die laughing.

No comments: