Saturday, June 2, 2007

Portland Rose Festival is City-wide


The annual Portland Rose Festival began on Thursday May 31st, and is in sunny, full-swing this weekend on the waterfront. But as we all know who live in these here parts, the true Show is in all the neighborhoods' gardens, and that is where you will enjoy the treasure of this time of year. Not that I have anything against the Tall Ships, cute sailors, international tourists, fire-roasted corn on the cob or street falafel (but don't get me started on funnel cakes or overpriced warm beer), but it always leaves me wondering, "What does all this Waterfront Village hoo-haa have to do with roses?"

I can show ya roses...as well as all the other local color at its peak this weekend.

So pop a reasonably priced cold one, and stroll through these Portland Rose Festival highlights...
(left column, please...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The only thing missing from this fabulous personal rose festival is the fragrance, but maybe you should consider a career as a flower photographer in your spare ( hah!) time. Street falafel, that has me hungry, now where can I find that in Parker Colorado? May have to head to Cherry Creek.
Thanks for the glimpse of Laura's garden..may have to grab my camera and head out into the yard to return the favor!
Ciao Bella
Jolie