Sunday, March 2, 2008

I'm Stalling

Or rather, I'm getting warmed up for the composing of the term paper.

sigh

Chicago Manual of Style, I detest thee. Already, I'm thinking, "Isn't there software for this crap?" I want to spend time on the meat and potatoes of this project, not the alignment of the grains of salt. There is software for this, and all the nagging ninny voices warn the slacking paperer not to rely on them to be accurate or appropriate for their project. Details. Hate them.

And I did put it off until the last three days, didn't I? The research and sourcing was done, the creating of the illustration page was done, and somehow Friday and Saturday got away from me. So now it's today and tomorrow (and tomorrow night) and that's it. Lesson learned. Dumb-ass.

So, what about a 30 minute hot tub to relax? (no)
What about taking the bassett hound on a afternoon walk before her people arrive home? (later)
Watering plants? (no)
Washing a few dishes? A load of laundry? (no)
Okay, a hot shower and a fresh pot of coffee? (hmmm, alright)

Cue up classical 89.9, unwrap that block of French shea butter soap from New Seasons, hit the 'brew' button----then get to work.

Great, now the sun is coming out....

2 comments:

Oregonian37 said...

LMAO...If your due date were two days later, I'd swear we were be in the same class! I even had my paper finished, including the citations until our beloved professor decided to announce that he really likes the Chicago style and doesn't like x, y and z!

Dale said...

Hey, but don't diss the Chicago Manual. It's one of the great goods of Anglophone civilization. Blame your professor :-)