Friday, September 28, 2007

Dear NYT updated update

Another full disclosure---

I just received a call from the New York Times, Dining section. They want to print my letter, possibly next Wednesday or the Wednesday after.

"It was a bit long," she said diplomatically, "if we edit for style and punctuation--"

"YES! I knew it was a tad long."

"A little, but if you're okay with--"

"Yes, sure, absolutely."

I raced to call my best pal in Denver. "OMG, OMG, OMG!" She's a writer and totally got it. Like when I chatted up Robert Plant, like when she snuggled Sting, we raced to call each other, shrieking like junior high girls. Instantaneous understanding.

Now all I want to do today is write. The genie (or yeti) is out of the bottle (or ice cave). I'll try hard to not be insufferable.

No comments: